Status: Full-time, Hourly
Location: Fernandina Beach, FL
The Production Associate is responsible for the daily manufacturing of high quality and customized products. The Production Associate will build products that require high attention to detail and quality. Maintenance of process documentation and a safe work area is also required. The candidate must be able to work independently as well as in a team environment.
Specific Duties & Responsibilities
- Fabrication of materials such as metals, plastics and wood
- Use of drills, saws, tape measure and basic hand tools required
- Perform production tasks according to standard operating procedures and guidelines
- Ensuring quality control of the items being manufactured
- Assist other employees in their assigned duties when required
- Identify and report unsafe practices to Manager immediately
- Complete daily assigned tasks to meet production volume and schedule
- Ensure that work environment is clean, safe, and organized
- Identify and resolve problems concerning equipment and materials
- Ensure that the product meets customer specifications
- Maintain documents for production related activities for reference purposes
- Stay up to date with production processes
- Analyze root causes of production issues and develop corrective actions
- Other duties as assigned
- A high school diploma or GED
- Experience and a high comfort level working with basic hand tools
- Prior experience with assembling products
- Attention to detail
- Good interpersonal skills
- Proactive problem solver
- A team player
- Ability to perform physical work for extended periods of time
- Ability to frequently and repetitively lift, push, and carry up to 35 lbs.
- Frequently and repetitively bend, lift and reach to install parts of varying size and weight overhead.
- Ability to stand and walk during the workday
- Ability to stoop, bend, reach, squat, kneel, crouch, and twist for periods of time.
- Potential exposure to confined spaces and hazardous materials used in the painting process.
- Wearing Personal Protective Equipment, including but not limited to safety glasses & safety shoes, and adhering to prescribed safety rules and guidelines.