Hands-on Physics Labs
With our broad range of innovative hands-on labs, your students will examine concepts like motion, electricity, simple machines, and optics using sophisticated equipment, including capacitors, resistors, lenses, masses, and ramps. Whether mapping magnetic fields or creating an electric motor, your students will experience the joy of discovery as they uncover the forces that describe our universe. With Science Interactive, you can:
- Create an active learning environment online that promotes deeper student engagement, critical thinking, and problem solving.
- Give students the chance to use lab-grade materials and equipment that match the sophistication of a formal lab facility.
- Build hands-on kits that suit your needs and budget, like choosing between compound thermometers, multimeters, or galvanometers.
Physics Virtual Labs
Similarly, our physics simulations or virtual physics labs can supplement hands-on labs that require expensive equipment and be used to cover fundamental concepts like the scientific method, graphing prep, or formula and equation work. You might also consider using a physics simulation as pre-lab work for in-person labs in order to better prepare students. From a simulation illustrating the conservation of momentum to Hooke’s Law, students can run a physics virtual lab an unlimited number of times in order to:
- Manipulate different variables, re-run the experiment, and see different results, especially important for struggling students.
- Reinforce critical learning outcomes while exploring additional concepts that may not directly align with your course objectives.
- Ensure practicality when it comes to costs and time.
Effective, High-Quality Physics Curriculum
Science Interactive develops the highest quality online curriculum for both hands-on or a virtual/online physics lab. Lesson are:
- Developed by PhD scientists, with measurable learning outcomes, detailed experimental protocols, and questions that tie into the core learning objectives.
- Reviewed by instructional designers for quality, accuracy, safety, and ADA compliance — and peer-reviewed by active physics professors for content accuracy.
- Certified by Quality Matters to ensure the same standards of rigor and quality as on-campus physics courses.
Flexible Platform to Guide Students
All of the curriculum is turnkey and can be used in your course right away. We also make it easy to customize, infusing each lab with your own unique instructional style and outcomes. Our LMS-integrated lab management platform allows you to:
- Customize any part of a lesson by adding or removing text, images, and videos to enhance lessons and guide students through each physics lab.
- Assess student work with automatic grading for multiple choice questions.
- Provide constructive feedback so each student can continue improving for the next lab.